Re: computer modern plot tick labels

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9817] Re: [mg9718] computer modern plot tick labels
  • From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 05:35:32 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Art Werschulz wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I am using Mathematica 3.0, with the Front End for Unix (solaris).
>
> I would like to label axis tick marks such as $x_1$, $\varepsilon$,
> etc., in the Computer Modern Roman font family.  Almost everything I
> have tried gives me Courier.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Art Werschulz (8-{)}

A complete specification of a string can be achieved with StyleForm.

If you want, for example, the string "hello baby" in Modern Roman 15
point type, you would use StyleForm["hello baby",FontFamily->"Modern
Roman",FontSize->15].

section 2.8.9 of the mathematica book explains this new feature.  This
feature can be used anywhere you would display text, including tick
marks.
--
Remove the _nospam_ in the return address to respond.