Differential Equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9840] Differential Equations
  • From: Alex Tabarrok <00attabarrok at bsuvc.bsu.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 05:35:53 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,
       Is there anyway to get DSolve to use different methods to try to
find different solutions to the same differential equation?

	I have a differential equation with boundary condition.  Mathematica
solves the equation but gives a solution I don't like.  Using other
methods, I can find three other solutions.  Are there any options to
DSolve or other methods which might get Mathematica to produce these
other solutions automatically?

Cheers

Alex
--