Re: Computer Modern labels for plot ticks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9777] Re: Computer Modern labels for plot ticks
  • From: lischka at mail.utexas.edu (Markus Lischka)
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 05:34:56 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <65dk99$q1h at smc.vnet.net>, Art Werschulz
<agw at cs.columbia.edu> wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I would like to have axis plot ticks labeled with things such as $x_1$,
>$\varepsilon$, etc.  The obvious things seem to give me these labels
>with Courier font.  I would like them in the Computer Modern font, so
>the graph's label style will match the text of the material that
>accompanies it.
You need to install Postscript versions of the Computer Modern font family
on your system. Both CM and AMS fonts are available from CTAN, e.g.
<ftp://ftp.dante.de/pub/tex/fonts/cm/ps-type1/bluesky/>. Once you have
them installed, you can change the default font to CMR12 for instance:

$TextStyle = {FontFamily->"CMR12",FontSize->12.0};

The produced graphs are still not a perfect match to LaTeX output as
Mathematica is replacing all special characters like [ with its own
fonts, but it's getting close.

Markus Lischka