Beginner's Question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9869] Beginner's Question
  • From: "Henri Kowalczyk" <hkowalc at eng.clemson.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 00:10:58 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm using mathematica to do some matrix manipulation of matrices with
symbolic elements. I end up with elements having elements that evaluate
to zero, but instead of zero I get something like

0.X+0.Y

so my matrices become large with uneeded elements... is there a setting
I can change so it will automatically evaluate these to zero?