Re: outputting lists to a file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9886] Re: [mg9837] outputting lists to a file
  • From: Luci Ellis <elisha at dot.net.au>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 00:39:35 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In David B Wagner's excellent book, "Power Programming with Mathematica:
the kernal", there are many suggestions on ways to do this.

Try something like:

OutputForm[TableForm[thelist,TableSpacing->0]] >> thefilename.txt

If you have scientific notation you may have to Map FortranForm around
this list first.

Hope this helps,

Luci

Luci Ellis:  elisha at dot.net.au
http://www.dot.net.au/~elisha

"Secluded in their semi-academic environment, the digerati passionately
espoused ideas that in the real world wouldn't fool a cow" -- DH
Freedman and CC Mann, "At Large". --------------