automated notebook creation?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg9036] automated notebook creation?
  • From: Bob Young <ryoung at>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 00:05:33 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Mathematica 3 Unix, X windows

I need to automate construction of a notebook.  The code to do it is
simple, but I need to find a way to execute the code with no human
action.  I believe this requires both the front end Notebook AND the
kernel to be running and communicating.  Once the front end Notebook
is running, the communication is normally initiated by the user
sending a Shift-Return.

How can I get the communication going WITHOUT a human to press the

Thanks for any pointers

Bob Young
SciComp Inc
5806 Mesa, Suite 250