Re: Re: Re: AxesLabels on the MacOS, mkdk
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg9044] Re: [mg8996] Re: [mg8905] Re: [mg8860] AxesLabels on the MacOS, mkdk
- From: John Fultz <jfultz>
- Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 01:42:23 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
> Hi, > > the answer is quit easy. Rotation of text needs definetly PostScript. > NextStep has not X Window, not MS-Windows API it has DisplayPostScript > as build-in as graphical interface. So NextStep can easyly perform > the rotation of texts. All other systems have *not* the possibility > of displaying text other than in horizontal direction. : : > Hope that helps > Jens Whoa! Although you are correct in saying that the Windows API does not support Display PostScript, it does, indeed fully support font rotation. All versions of Mathematica 3.0.0 and later for Windows fully support font rotation on screen and when printed to both PostScript and non-PostScript printers. Sincerely, John Fultz jfultz at wolfram.com Front End Group Wolfram Research, Inc.