Needs[]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9167] Needs[]
  • From: chenrich at monmouth.com (Christopher J. Henrich)
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 03:38:07 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a Mathematica file containing code organized as a package.   When
I execute "Needs["FolderName`FileName`"] it appears that Mathematica is
able to read the file FolderName:FileName.m, but I get this warning:

Needs::nocont: the context FolderName`Filename` was not created.

I am running Mathematica 3.0 on a Macintosh (Quadra).

What didn't Mathematica like about my file?  To forestall one possible
answer, yes I did begin the file with

BeginPackage["FolderName`FileName`"];

and yes "Needs" works as expected on files in the Standard Packages
folder.

I note that some of the cells in my file are curiously marked: the cell
brackets have, near the top, a diagonal line slanting northwest to
southeast.  What does this mean?

--
Christopher J. Henrich
chenrich at monmouth.com