mathematica question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9199] mathematica question
  • From: Tom <toad at planet.eon.net>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 02:03:12 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello Mathematica users,

I have a question that I hope someone has an answer for.  I think it
should be simple but I cannot find a way to make it work.

I have a set of functions that take no inputs, they are called q1[],
q2[], q3[] and so on.

How can I get Mathematica to run the correct function given a list of
numbers as input.  IE, if I supply the list {1,4,7,8} I would want
Mathematica to run the functions q1[], q4[], q7[] and q8[], assuming
they were defined.

I would appreciate any assistance you might have with this!!

Sincerely,

Tom De Vries