Finding "start directory" with Mathematica 3.0 ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg9242] Finding "start directory" with Mathematica 3.0 ?
- From: Axel Kowald <axel at itb.biologie.hu-berlin.de>
- Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 01:00:56 -0400
- Organization: Technical University of Berlin, Germany
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello everybody, I just installed Mathematica 3.0 on my NT 4 machine and wonder if there is a Mathematica command to get the "start directory" of the current notebook ? I tried $LaunchDirectory, $InitialDirectory and $TopDirectory but they all tell me where Mathematica itself lives. I want the place where the currently running notebook sits. The idea is that I want to write some datafiles into the same place where the corresponding notebook is. Any suggestions are welcomed. Axel Kowald