LabVIEW front end

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8920] LabVIEW front end
  • From: michael-winter at uiowa.edu (Michael Winter)
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 22:08:00 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am currently using LabVIEW 4.0 for data acquisition, but need to access
some of the functions in Mathematica for analysis. In order to do the
analysis in real-time, I need to set up a connection between the two with
Mathlink.

A few years ago there seemed to be quite a few people doing this, but now
that I need to do it, all the information seems to have disappeared (seemed
to happen about the time National Instruments purchased HIQ). The only
remnant I can find is a LabVIEW VI found at both the National Instruments
FTP site <>, and the Mathsource site. Unfortunately, it was written for an
older version of LabVIEW for the Mac, and won't run on either a PowerMac or
Win95 system.

Anyone have any experience with LabVIEW/Mathematica communication they'd be
willing to share or know where I might find a "ready made" solution?

Thanks for your help.

-Mike