tantamount error messages when interupting

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg8560] tantamount error messages when interupting
  • From: "K. Nikolaj Berntsen" <knb at>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 23:16:24 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi' group,

I have the annoying problem, that once in a while when I interrupt a
calculation with <alt>+<.> MMA3.0 start splurting out error messages in
the messages window: I can't show them since it crashed on me.

It can take hours (on my 150Mhz Pentium, running Linux)to for it to
This happens only with large expressions. Does any one know whether this
rather annoying behaviour can be turned off or avoided by upgrading to

Happy computing,
| Ph.D. stud., cand.scient.				     |
| K. Nikolaj Berntsen					     |
| Office: Department of Structural Engineering and Materials |
|	  Technical University of Denmark		     |
|	  Building 118, room 152			     |
|	  DK-2800 Lyngby				     |
|	  Tel +45 4525 1769				     |
|	  Fax +45 4588 3282				     |