Defining Real expressions

I must evaluate an Integral in which I'd like to assign real values to
some parameters, but I don't know how to do that.

For example, in the following integral (a Fourier Transform):

f[x_,p_]=Integrate[y/(x^2+y^2) Exp[-I p y],{y,-Infinity,Infinity}],

p should be a real parameter. The output given by Mathematica is
conditioned to Im[p]==0, such as If[Im[p]==0,....,....], which is not
easy to handle, and I'd like to avoid this complication.

Is it possible ?

Thanks
--
Marco Beleggia