[Help?] Integer/Decimal portion of a real number
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg8847] [Help?] Integer/Decimal portion of a real number
- From: kammy shan leung <ksleung at students.uiuc.edu>
- Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 02:40:19 -0400
- Organization: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm fairly new with mathematica, and I have a simple question that I
can't figure out. What I would like to do is break up a real number to
its integer and decimal portion.
4.12345 can be broken up to:
integer_portion = 4
decimal_portion = 12345
Is there a simple function that will provide me with these values?
would appreciate if you would email me.
ksleung at uiuc.edu
Prev by Date:
Re: Delay Differential Equations
Next by Date:
Turning the elements of a list into the arguments of a function.
Previous by thread:
Re: FindMinimum var specification
Next by thread:
Re: [Help?] Integer/Decimal portion of a real number