  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg8501] Packages
  • From: Timothy Coutts <tcoutts at>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 02:19:44 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I am having a lot of trouble in saving notebooks as Packages in MMA
version 3 that I don't think I used to get in earlier versions.

I take a  notebook that I have shown does what I want, and then insert
the BeginPackage, Begin["Private`"] with the appropriate end
statements.  I then put the entire notebook in a single cell and
highlight it.  I go to cell properties and make it an Initialization
Cell.  I then save it in the Package Format.

Is that the correct sequence?  If yes, why ain't it working?  If no,
cansomeone explain how to do it correctly?  Thanks in advance, and my
apologies if this is a faq.

Dr. Timothy J. Coutts
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
SERF W-103