abstract algebra

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg8500] abstract algebra
  • From: hibbarda at (Al Hibbard)
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 02:19:43 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Exploring Abstract Algebra with Mathematica is a collection of packages
and labs intended to enhance the teaching and learning of abstract
algebra. Before the final drafts of the labs are sent to our publisher,
we are looking for a couple of additional abstract algebra instructors
who would willing to test out the labs. There are lab topics in both
groups and rings and the labs are independent of any textbook.  They are
available in version 2.2 or 3.0 and require only familiarity with
Mathematica; no programming is required. Please contact Al Hibbard
(hibbarda at or Ken Levasseur (Kenneth_Levasseur at or
check out our web site

Al Hibbard
Central College