Combining Lists?

I think this is a pretty easy question so I hope someone will be able
to answer it, I just can't figure out how to do it.  If you have two
lists, for example {1, 2, 3} and {4, 5, 6}.  Is there a command to
combine them into a series of XY pairs like {{1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}}?
The book doesn't seem to have such a command, but I suspect one exists.
Thanks for any help you can provide.