Combining Lists?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8572] Combining Lists?
  • From: Alan Hunter <akh6n at virginia.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 23:16:32 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I think this is a pretty easy question so I hope someone will be able
to answer it, I just can't figure out how to do it.  If you have two
lists, for example {1, 2, 3} and {4, 5, 6}.  Is there a command to
combine them into a series of XY pairs like {{1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}}?
The book doesn't seem to have such a command, but I suspect one exists.
Thanks for any help you can provide.