  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg11829] NDSolve with delayed terms in equations
  • From: Alban P Tsui <scmapt@cs.cf.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 00:35:38 -0500

I have a set of differential equations. Usually I can solve it with
NDSolve with no problem. However, I do not know how to solve something
like this, say

x'[t]==y[t]^2+x[t-a]
y'[t]==y[t]x[t]

with the usuaual intial conditions and a is real and positive.

x[t-a] is a delayed term.

What is the best way to tackle this with NDSolve?

Alban
P.S. Appreciate if you can send solution to me directly as well.