Re: sgi kernels

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15056] Re: sgi kernels
  • From: gwinn at ma.ultranet.com (Joe Gwinn)
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 04:12:36 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

If you look once per hour, does the available memory slowly vanish?
There appear to be some memory leaks in Mathematica, or it may be
caching things, I don't really know what, and I have noticed that it's
sometimes useful to store intermediate results to disk, nuke the
kernel, and resume.  There is an option on the kernel and on the front
end to display a memory use "thermometer", so it's pretty easy to track
it as the hours pass.

Joe Gwinn