$Path variable

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15078] $Path variable
  • From: Doug Webb <Douglas.S.Webb at maf.nasa.gov>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 03:13:09 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,
  How do I change the list of directories searched in the $Path vaiable
in Mathematica? None of my books give any indication of how to alter
$Path, other than a "manual" $Path = "......". I want Mathematica to
search a particular direcotry for packages I've written, in addition to
all the current ones. I've looked at my init.m file, it doesn't have
$Path in it. All my attempts to change it init.m have caused crashes.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Doug