RE: Re: Contour Integration

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15111] RE: [mg15001] Re: [mg14988] Contour Integration
  • From: "Ersek, Ted R" <ErsekTR at navair.navy.mil>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 03:59:11 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Fran Brenneman  wrote:

>I am interested in figuring out how one does contour integrals (in the
>complex plane) with Mathematica.
>
>I have found the command and the various aliases for performing contour
>integrals (cint,ccint,cccint), but no information from either the
>Mathematica manual or website on how one specifies the parameters
>needed to evaluate the integral itself.

The online help for NIntegrate it says:

NIntegrate[f,{x,x0,x1, ... , xk}] tests for singularities at each of the
intermediate points xi.  If there are no singularities, the result is
equivalent to an integral from x0 to xk.  You can use complex numbers
to specify an integration contour in the complex plane.

I can't find a place where it's documented, but it seems Integrate can
be used the same way.

Cheers,
Ted Ersek