Statistics question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15121] Statistics question
  • From: Peter Manaras <divvy at hol.gr>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 03:59:18 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

How can one find the correlation coeff of a set of data? I have loaded a
set of points as
data={{1,16.5},{2,15.3},{3,14.0},{4,12.5},{5,12.3},{6,14}}; and i dont
know whats next Help gives an example about stiffness and strength but
i cant find any relation between my set of data and the one used in the
example What is going on? The correlation coeff computed when using
this command concerns the linear method? In help there is
correlation[xlist,ylist,ScaleMethod->method] What are the options for
method? I am especially interested in the exponent, logarithmic and
quadratic cases
Thank you for bearing with my ignorance :) Peter Manaras