Re: help!!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15097] Re: help!!
  • From: Lawrence Walker <lwalker701 at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 03:59:00 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Peter,

Insert the following option instead of the AxesOrigin option:

PlotRange->{{1,6},{12,18}}

Lawrence

Peter Manaras wrote:

> I have collected a set of points which i now want to include in a
> scatter diagram.  The result was ok I used ListPlot[data] to do this
> However, some of the points were placed beneath the x-axis (these
> points did not have a negative y-axis value) The points were loaded as
> data={{1,18},{2,17.6},{3,14.5},{4,12.6},{5,12.5},{6,14}}; and the
> command for  plotting the graph was
> plotdata=ListPlot[data,PlotStyle->PointSize[0.01]]; what i did next was
> try to fix the axes problem with AxesOrigin command which i set to 0,12
> and what came out was the same graph but with no intersection of the
> axes The axes seemed not be be interesecting at any point Instead, at
> the point at which the axes should be intersecting there was blank
> space What could be wrong?

     (\___/)     The fear of the LORD is the beginning of
     (o\ /o)     wisdom: a good understanding have all they
    /|:.V.:|\    that do his commandments: his praise
    \\::::://    endureth for ever.              Psa 111:10 -----`""
        Lawrence A. Walker Jr., M.Eng./Ph.D. Candidate
                   Morgan State University
          Clarence M. Mitchell School of Engineering
 COMSARE (Center Of Microwave/Satellite And RF Engineering)
           Rm: 306-Schafer     Phone: (443)885-1453