Re: help

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg15128] Re: help
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 03:11:07 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Aicha Abed wrote in message <754utm$jek at>...
>I have problems of displaying on screen huge matrix : input matrix are
>not visible and the horizontal scrollbar only scrolls the outputs.
>Thanks for helping me or redirecting me on the right persons / group.
>Yours sincerely,
>Aicha Abed

Some suggestions

Select the cell containing your input matrix In the menu bar choose
Format > Option Inspector Make sure that you have Show option values
for [selection] Type Lookup[ scrol ] Click Lookup

You will find Cell Horizontal Scrolling highlighted

Make sure that it is set to True (if not click the box on the right)

Can be prevented by setting the option LineBreakWithin to False

In TraditionalForm matrices are shown two-dimensionally. Select matrix
or cell containing it and choose  Cell>Convert to>TraditionalForm

Allan Hayes
hay at
Voice: +44 (0)116 271 4198
Fax: +44 (0)870 164 0565