Two Online Mathematica-related courses

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg15144] Two Online Mathematica-related courses
  • From: Ken Levasseur <Kenneth_Levasseur at>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 03:11:19 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Starting January 25, the UMass Lowell CyberEd program will be offering
two on-line courses based on Mathematica:  "Abstract Algebra I" and
"Computer Algebra with Mathematica"

"Abstract Algebra I" is an introductory course in abstract algebra.  The
course will blend traditional topics in abstract algebra and labs from
"Exploring Abstract Algebra with Mathematica,"  which will be available
soon from Springer-Telos
For more information on the course visit

"Computer Algebra with Mathematica"  is a three credit university course
for Mathematica beginners. It requires two semesters of calculus (or
equivalent) and programming experience. For more information visit

For registration information, go to

For more information on "Exploring Abstract Algebra with Mathematica,"

Ken Levasseur
Mathematical Sciences
UMass Lowell
(An accredited Mathematica Trainer - )