Re: No trace of trace!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg15163] Re: No trace of trace!
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 00:27:43 -0500
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi Peter, the Mathematica command Trace is for tracing the evaluation. It is usefull when you are debugging Mathematica code. The trace of a matrix can be implemented by MatrixTrace[a_?MatrixQ]:= Plus @@ MapIndexed[Part[#1,First[#2]] &,a] Hope that helps Jens Peter Jay Salzman wrote: > After looking for close to 5 minutes, I've concluded that the Trace > *matrix* operation is either not present or well hidden. > > Can someone tell me which one? > > Pete