Re: Time Series package w v 3.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15184] Re: Time Series package w v 3.0
  • From: default <@res.raytheon.com at smc.vnet.net>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 02:11:00 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On the FAQ page

http://www.wri.com/support/MathApps/TimeSeries/ErrorsWhileLoading.html

the following description of your problem appears (and according to it
you perhaps still need to make one more change from ComplexToTrig to
ExpToTrig
in the code)
:

Why do I get TrigExpand::obslt and Needs::nocont errors while loading
TimeSeries?

When you load TimeSeries under Mathematica 3.0, you will see the
following error messages

In[1]:= Needs["TimeSeries`TimeSeries`"]

TrigExpand::obslt:
   Trigonometric manipulation functions TrigExpand, TrigFactor,
    TrigFactorList and TrigReduce are now autoloaded.  TrigToComplex
    and ComplexToTrig have been renamed TrigToExp and ExpToTrig and are
    also now autoloaded.  The package Algebra`Trigonometry` is
    obsolete.

Needs::nocont:
   Context Algebra`Trigonometry`
     was not created when Needs was evaluated.

These error messages are generated because TimeSeries attempts to load
the package Algebra`Trigonometry`. The functionality of this package
has been incorporated into the Mathematica kernel. Additionally, the
command ComplexToTrig has been renamed to ExpToTrig. There are two ways
to workaround this problem.

First, you can define the function

    ComplexToTrig[qq_] := ExpToTrig[qq]

and ignore the warning messages.

Second, you can edit the TimeSeries.m file. Delete the reference to
Algebra`Trigonometry` in the BeginPackage statement, and rename the two
instances of ComplexToTrig to ExpToTrig.