Re: memory problems for Mathematica 3 under NT
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [mg10724] Re: memory problems for Mathematica 3 under NT
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 00:44:19 -0500
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 30 Jan 1998, Bob Young wrote: > We run Mathematica on both Linux and NT machines. We have some cases > where Mathematica fails - "out of memory" - on an NT machine while a > same size machine with Linux has no problems. It fails when NT still > thinks it has plenty of virtual memory left. Anyone have any > suggestions of how to get around this problem - while still using NT? I can't be certain for your problem; however, we have found that replacing the kernel loader program MathKernel.exe with a newer version fixes some of the spurious "out of memory" error messages. See URL: http://www.wolfram.com/support/Systems/Windows/OutOfMemory.html for details. -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group email@example.com Wolfram Research, Inc. http://www.wolfram.com/~paulh/ Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.