Help: Mathematica v2.2.2 printing bug on PowerPC

7bit

When printing with Mathematica v2.2.2 on a PowerPC,
 the notebook hangs when refreshing the screen. The answer to this
problem in the FAQ at www.wolfram.com is not very satisfactory, however

When I select "All default styles..." once before printing, everything
will print normally. But, is this the only solutions?

I would like to know if there is a patch or a setting which will resolve
this problem? If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate.