*July
*August
*September
*October
*November
*December

Running in background

Hi,
   I have mathematica on our unix system. I use notebook interface to
perfom simulations. Is there any way I can perform these simulations in
background ? I heard about a way is to use math (ie mathematica without
notebook interface) and then run program in background. But I don't
know  how I am going to convert a file in Notebook format into text
such that  understandable in math. If I save file in  text format using
Notebook  interface I do not get output compactible to math
environment.
  Is there any way I can get over this problem ?

your help is highly appreciated.

thanks

Ajit