Re: MathLink portnumbers and internal types
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [mg10977] Re: MathLink portnumbers and internal types
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Kevin Leuthold)
- Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 02:10:42 -0500
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <email@example.com>
Stefan, The function MLName will return a pointer to the link name. This memory should be considered read-only (so don't deallocate it). The return value will be in the form "firstname.lastname@example.org", so you can get the port from this string. Here is the prototype for MLName: char* MLName( MLINK lp); Kevin Leuthold MathLink Group Wolfram Research email@example.com (Stefan Berglund) writes: >I wish to have a process to communicate via mathlink peer to peer to a >remote computer. The problem is that I a start new mathlink >connections as needed from forked processes and I have found no way of >telling wich portnumber has been chosen.