Re: MathLink portnumbers and internal types

Stefan,

The function MLName will return a pointer to the link name.   This
memory should be considered read-only (so don't deallocate  it).  The
return value will be in the form "port@machine.name", so you can get
the port from this string. Here is the prototype for MLName:

char* MLName( MLINK lp);

Kevin Leuthold
MathLink Group
Wolfram Research