Re: Dead keys in Mathematica for Linux

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg10975] Re: Dead keys in Mathematica for Linux
  • From: Vincent Trussart <trussarv@cirano.umontreal.ca>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 02:10:40 -0500

Stephen Polkowski wrote:

> What exactly do you mean by this?
>
> Vincent Trussart wrote:
>
> --
> Stephen Polkowski
> Centaur Technology
> Austin, TX
> (512) 418-5730

  Here is a line from my keymap configuration.

..
..
keycode  48 = dead_grave grave braceleft ..
..

This way if I hit braceleft, it will send a dead_grave.  If I hit "e"
after this, it will produce a "e grave".

Most X apps can handle this kind of key composition. Is there a way to
do this in Mathematica for X (Linux)?

Vincent Trussart