Re: MathLink portnumbers and internal types

  • To:
  • Subject: [mg11012] Re: MathLink portnumbers and internal types
  • From: (Chikara MIYAJI)
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 18:15:19 -0500

Hi Jens,

In article <6c8pvc$>, wrote:

>I had verrry bad experiences with the MLName() function. I have a
> - I tryed it on two Ultra SPARC computers. You can not call
>   MLName() before the connection is established from both sides!
>   If dirkml (as P1) calls dirkml (as P2) MLName() yields somthing
>   like "/export/home/DIRK/dirkml" (no port number or any usefull

Thank you for info about MLName(). If that function doesn't work well,
my program, which use MLName() will be in trouble. Also, I guess that
Front end uses MLName() to connect with kernel, it will be in trouble

I wrote small MathLink template which open a link and return its link
name, link is created but no connection established.

I check this on Mac and Sparc5(Solaris 2), and it returns link name.
Doesn't this work on your machine?