Re: Active Plots

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg11050] Re: Active Plots
  • From: Larry Linik <Larry.C.Linik@tek.COM>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 20:31:52 -0500

I was not aware of the trick of holding down the ctrl key to get the
coordinates from the plot.  This is enough to get me what I need from
the plot.  My original desire was for a cursor that followed the curve
on the plot so that you could retrieve actual coordinates of the curve
without being required to "eyball it".  (Is it possible to get
Mathematica to do this?)  I have also had another idea since my first
post that extends this concept further.  For parametric plots, would it
be possible to get the cursor to read both the coordinates of the curve
and the value of the parameter associated with those coordinates? Not
being a programmer it is not apparent to me wether this kind of feature
is even possible or feasable or does it already exist.  It sure would
be useful.

Thanks for all the help.  It's greatly appreciated.

Larry