Re: How to define the LaTeX output of certain symbols?

You can achieve something close to this by evaluating the following

Format[SumAll[expr_,n1_,n2_],TeXForm]:= RowBox[{
      UnderoverscriptBox["\[Sum]", MakeBoxes[n1], MakeBoxes[n2]],
      MakeBoxes[expr]}]

TeXForm[ SumAll[expr,n1,n2]]

\sum _{\Mvariable{n1}}^{\Mvariable{n2}}\Mvariable{expr}

\Mvariable is a macro that is defined in notebook.sty (LaTeX 2.09) and
notebook2e.sty (LaTeX2e).  You can get these .sty files from URL:

	ftp://ftp.wolfram.com/pub/outgoing/TeXSave/notebook.sty
	ftp://ftp.wolfram.com/pub/outgoing/TeXSave/notebook2e.sty

Or you can make your own macro definition for \Mvariable that does
nothing.