Re: Eulerian angles

  • To:
  • Subject: [mg10306] Re: Eulerian angles
  • From: Paul Abbott <>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 03:47:24 -0500

Selwyn Hollis wrote:

> With all this ``controversy" about Eulerian angles, it sounds to me like
> someone ought to write a nice article about the subject, maybe for the
> Mathematica Journal. Hopefully it would be written so that even
> mathematicians could understand it... ;-)

But there _are_ nice books about the subject written by mathematicians
:-)  For example, as I recall, Vilenkin 1967 Special Functions and the
Theory of Group Representations (Providence: American Mathematical
Society) presents a readable account of the generalization of Eulerian
angles to n-dimensions.

The University of Western Australia            Nedlands WA  6907  AUSTRALIA

            God IS a weakly left-handed dice player