Re: Celestial Mechanics

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg10304] Re: Celestial Mechanics
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul@physics.uwa.edu.au>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 03:47:23 -0500

Volker Doerr wrote:

> Is anybody out there who has experience in developing
> mathematica-programs related to  the numerical integration of classical
> multibody-problems?
>
> I'm currently writing my thesis (aeronautical  engineering) and
> therefore I'm interested  in any kind of help, especially in planning
> a notebook for this kind of stuff. Good  solutions for the
> data-visualization will  also be greatly appreciated.

A search for:

        celestial AND mechanics

at MathSource <http://www.mathsource.com>  found 1 document:

Sundial Construction

This notebook gives the complete step-by-step instructions for creating
a sundial with the help of Mathematica's symbolic, numeric, and
graphical capabilities. Background information on celestial mechanics
is also given as well as links to other information on sundials

http://www.mathsource.com/cgi-bin/MathSource/Applications/Other/0209-001

I recall other postings asking about Celestial Mechanics but a search of
Deja News <http://www.dejanews.com/home_ps.shtml> found nothing.

Cheers,
	Paul

The University of Western Australia            Nedlands WA  6907
mailto:paul@physics.uwa.edu.au  AUSTRALIA
http://www.pd.uwa.edu.au/~paul

            God IS a weakly left-handed dice player