Question about FormatType Styles

  • To:
  • Subject: [mg10322] Question about FormatType Styles
  • From: "Christopher R. Carlen" <>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 22:24:36 -0500

What is the purpose of FormatType styles?

When I type stuff in, the cell has style "Input".  But the FormatType
style "InputForm" overrides the style settings for the style "Input".

What is the point of this?  I looked in the option inspector, and the
FormatType cannot be removed.  So it appears that the style settings
for "Input" never do anything.  I find this style stuff exceedingly
complex. Far more complex than any mathematics I have ever seen.

Christopher R. Carlen          <--- Reply here, please.
My OS is Linux v2