Re: Defining functions using arguments with subscripts

  • To:
  • Subject: [mg10445] Re: Defining functions using arguments with subscripts
  • From: Paul Abbott <>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 02:07:41 -0500

Scott Morrison wrote:

> Is it possible to use symbols with subscripts as the arguments of
> functions which you define? eg I want x0 and x1, with the numerals as
> subscripts, as the arguments of my function. Mathematica 3 doesn't seem
> to like this.

It is possible: you need Symbolize in which is in <<Utilities`Notation`

The following button (paste the Cell[...] into a Mathematica Notebook)
hyperlinks to the on-line documentation for the Notation pacakge:

  "See the ",
  ButtonBox["Notation Maker",
  " included with the Notebook Demos in the Help Browser." }], "Text"]

The University of Western Australia            Nedlands WA  6907  AUSTRALIA

            God IS a weakly left-handed dice player