Re: Re: Customizing Mathematica - keyboard

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg10562] Re: Re: Customizing Mathematica - keyboard
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh@wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 16:54:05 -0500
On 18 Jan 1998, C. Woll wrote:

> Do you know if there is any way to do the same thing under unix?
> Obviously, it is not possible to edit MenuSetup.tr since it is located
> in a public directory, and I tried modifying it and including it in my
> private .Mathematica/3.0/... directory, but that didn't work.

What path were you using?  One of the places that the front end will
attempt to look (if it exists) before it goes to the core installation
MenuSetup.tr is the directory with path

	~/.Mathematica/3.0/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/TextResources/X

Make this directory and put your private copy there.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh@wolfram.com Wolfram