3D problem

Hi all,

I am translating polygons an unknown distance in 3-space; it may happen
that a vertex of one polygon will fall into coincidence with a vertex
of another polygon; what is the most efficient way to discover such a
point, and therefore the special distance of translation?

Russell Towle
Giant Gap Press:  books on California history, digital topographic maps
P.O. Box 141
Dutch Flat, California 95714
Voice:  (916) 389-2872
e-mail:  rustybel@foothill.net