Re: I don't understand in Mathematic

Hi --

it's not a bug it's a feature.

Your equation is simplifyed after You enter it. That is nessesary
because any expression must be ordered to make  simplifications like

2*x*8

to 16*x

the ordering is verry important to make the algebric rules work for the
expressions. So it is not a good idea to switch it of.

During this ordering of Your input x/x is canceled to 1 before Solve[]
see the result.

btw -- I hope You enter Solve[x/x+x==1,x] (double equal)

Hope that helps
  Jens