memory problems for Mathematica 3 under NT

We run Mathematica on both Linux and NT machines.  We have some cases
where Mathematica fails - "out of memory" - on an NT machine while a
same size machine with Linux has no problems.  It fails when NT still
thinks it has plenty of virtual memory left. Anyone have any
suggestions of how to get around this problem - while still using NT?

Bob Young
SciComp Inc
5806 Mesa, Suite 250
Austin, TX 78731