*July
*August
*September
*October
*November
*December

Backups in Mathematica

Hi,

I have a question: Does Mathematica produce backups of its files ? If
you save your file you always have one file with the suffix MA, and
another (older) one with the suffix .MB . But if Mathematica halts for
whatever reason and you try to reload the .MB file it doesn't work.
So - for what reasons do those .MB files exist, and how can I get
Mathematica to produce backups ?

Thanks in advance,

Doris

dobra@monet.fh-friedberg.de