Specify a parameter to be >0 and a posiutive integer?

Hi Folks:

I have only recently begun using Mathematica.

Assumptions->{}  command to specify some properties of parameters. The
examplkes I have seen apply the specification within a particular
function.

I have two question:

1.  Is there a way to specify that a particular parameter is a positive
integer ( not just >0)?

2. Is it possible to globally define a parameter to be >0 and a positive
integer at the outset of a series of computations/manipulations?

Any help would be appreciated.

Harry Kiesel, Drexel University