advection eq. + sine-Gordon eq.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg13207] advection eq. + sine-Gordon eq.
- From: Ravi C Venkatesan <rcv_dac at giaspn01.vsnl.net.in>
- Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 07:42:56 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Could someone please help me obtain/locate a Mathematica notebook
(preferably V 2.2) that solves the advection equation and the
sine-Gordon eq. using finite-differencing.
The advection eq. (sometimes called the linear convection eq.) is often
found in fluid dynamics. It is of the form u_t + a*u_x=0, where "a" is
a constant. The sine-Gordon eq. is of the form u_xx - u_tt = sin u.
Here "x" and "t" are space and time, and u is the dependent variable.
Also, for example, u_x = partial derivative of "u" with respect to "x",
Prev by Date:
Re: how can I use greek letter and English letter in 1 cell
Next by Date:
Can it be done - easily?
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: advection eq. + sine-Gordon eq.