In which interval?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg13303] In which interval?
- From: "Pal Lillevold" <pal.lillevold at pensfins.no>
- Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 03:19:02 -0400
- Organization: AKT.PL LILLEVOLD
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I need to resolve the following problem:
Given N distinct real Intervals (x(i),x(i+1)); i=1,,,,N and a real
number R - in which interval is R located. In other words to identify
the unique value of i such that x(i)<=R<x(i+1). This is easy to do by
straight forward checking which value of the N i's which match the
inequalities. But this is very time-consuming when the number N is
large. Has anyone been confronted with this problem and resolved it
efficiently? I would highly appreciate any assistance.
Thank you in advance and best regards.
Prev by Date:
Re: Re: coordinate transformation
Next by Date:
Re: Re: Re: logical inconsistency in Union
Previous by thread:
Re: Solving Polynomial Equations?
Next by thread:
Re: In which interval?