Slice plot of 3D data

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg13305] Slice plot of 3D data
  • From: Gaetano Bellanca <gbellanca at>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 03:19:06 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I need to plot 3D data coming from electromagnetic simulations.

Data are written on Binary files.
Using FastBinaryFiles I'm able to read data and import them in

I have 3 arrays (lists) with increments in the 3 directions and a list
with alla data corresponding to the field to visualize.

I'd like to combine them, then exctract a slice (corresponding to a
desired plane, and visualize it (using ListPlot3D or other tools ...).

How can I combine them to have each point with its coordinates (like,
for example, {xi,yi,zi,field(i)}?

Does it exist some notebook or package for this?

Thanks in advance.

                            (.) (.)
  Gaetano Bellanca D.E.I.S. - University of Bologna.
  Viale Risorgimento, 2 - 40136 - Bologna - ITALY
  Phone :  +39 51 6443060     Fax :  +39 51 6443053
  Mailto : gbellanca at