Re: differences between math and mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg13312] Re: differences between math and mathematica
  • From: paulh (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 02:49:24 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <6okgt5$190 at>, Nick Bruton
<nick.bruton at> writes:
|> One of my users is having a slight problem with labels on axis, if
you |> do ....
|> mathematica
|> Plot[Sin[x],{x,-10,10}] the output looks ok but if you try the same
from |> math the labels on
|> the axis are un-readable. Can anyone suggest a fix ? |>
|> This is mathematica 3.0 on a Solaris 2.6 system displaying to a
remote |> x-term

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "unreadable" in this context.  I
suspect that the anomalous behavior that you're seeing is a known
problem.  Refer to the Technical Support FAQ page for more information.

If that does not fix the problem, you may want to contact the support
department directly at support at

P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group		paulh at Wolfram Research,
Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed
herein are those of the author alone.