Memory not cleared
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg12736] Memory not cleared
- From: "William B. Marks" <bmarks at helix.nih.gov>
- Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 02:52:19 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
When I use Fourier, Save or Plot on a big list (100,000 numbers), memory usage increases, and doesn't decrease when the command is completed: <<list; f=Fourier[list]; Plot[Abs[f]]; (*might already run out of memory here, depending on the number of points that are plotted*) Save[f]; (* It cannot complete this command even if Plot is ommitted ; Kernel has 40 MB of memory*) Any ideas?